8.13.2008

Making movies in Hollywood






Well, its been a while since my last blog. And here I am, taking a break from working on High School Reunion, writing a new blog.

This past weekend I was blessed to begin filming on a short film that I am directing. The shoot went very smooth. And despite a few last minute decisions, I feel that we are totally on schedule.
I am looking forward to the big choreographed fight scene that we are filming on Saturday. It should be exciting and a good experience for both the film, and all of us as filmmakers.

I am very thankful that the Lord has put the friends and coworkers I have in my life right now. Its been a blessing to work with each other and do what we can for each other. And without them, I wouldn't have a crew or cast that I can as easily trust and have fun working with.

So, just wait. The Affliction should be in post production in a week, and we should have a good cut of the film by next month. And besides the good look to the film, amazing acting, and great design, we have a very professional soundtrack to add to the overall polish of the film.

I am very excited to finish this one so I can begin working on another project, but I also wish I could have spent months on this one. Its a good story, with characters that carry the weight that we all are haunted with at one time or another. They are laced with depth, and rooted in the struggles, addictions, and fears that plague all of mankind today.

I have posted a few photos from the shoot last weekend on my facebook and myspace. More will be forthcoming, as well as a trailer, hopefully.

Then, I will make sure to let everyone know when the screening will take place.

1 comment:

Anton Seim said...

Looks cool! Skin diseases totally creep me out.