12.06.2007

the creative life of boredom


well, here i am, in L.A. i've been planning to move to L.A. since i started acting 13 years ago. a lot has happened in 13 years, but a few things have stayed constant: my relationship with Christ, my love for acting and creating, and my goal of moving to California to pursue my dreams.

so, now i'm here. and i'm looking for acting work, as well as production work. and now there's a writer's strike. so, many shows that i would love to try and work on are shelved for the season. so, there's not much work to be had. plus i don't even have an agent yet. i need to get on that as well.

with all that being said, i'm kind of bored. you know, i just got here, but i'm really wanting to work my butt off digging into a character while acting or framing and focusing some camera working on the set of something... and get paid for it. seriously, i'm grossly underpaid at the moment, and i need to find supplemental income quick. i need to get the car worked on, finally get my license plate, and hopefully eat next week.

unfortunately, i don't have much time in the evening to do much but wait in traffic, get home, spend an hour or two doing something, and then pass out of exhaustion. so, i've decided to be creative in any way i can lately. i've written many more songs this past month that i normally write in a month, i've been fleshing out ideas all over my moleskins, and finally, i have decided to try my hand at writing a novel.

writing a novel is a huge task. i mean, not really. bloggers are discovered, then get an agent, then land a book deal, then probably just morph their blogs into a book, and tah-dah! they're published authors. or in the case of the woman who wrote juno, you go from author to screenwriter to eventually being a director.

but i'm just a huge fan of stories. i love reading a good story, and i love telling a good story, and hopefully i will love writing a good story. i don't want to let any part of the cat out of the bag other than one of it's paws... so, i will just say it has many little stories all rolled into one. and i would love any help you would like to offer. so, if you have a good story or have an amazing memory of us, please let me know. comment on this and tell me a little about it.

i don't really know what i'm getting myself into... a novel. crazy. hopefully, though, this will help pass a little of my down time, allow some of my creativity to flow (while on an acting/producing low), and in the end, entertain a couple people. or a million. eh. we'll see.

No comments: